October 24th, 2004
Welcome to my futile attempt to educate the literate public on several issues near and dear to my heart. Here I hope to cover these and other topics:
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are obviously going to win the Super Bowl this year.
- Visual Basic is pretty annoying sometimes.
- Boy, it’s really hot and dry in my office.
- So strap in, and brace for the G’s - it’s going to be wild.
I’m not usually a fan of talking about myself, but I feel inexplicably obliged to reveal a few things to the five or six people who will see the site between now and the time I show up in the Hobo Obituaries.
I graduated from Cornell in 2002 with a degree in Computer Science. I am currently a developer for a financial services software firm in New York City. Its not necessarily a secret which one, as I don’t intend to give away the company doubloons or post anything too subversive. But, I’m not going to go out of my way to mention it. So far I have been brutally exposed to:
- Humidity rarely exceeding 30%.
- MS Office integration in C++/VB6 COM.
- Enterprise ASP.NET development, and advanced web controls.
- Framework development for a large (-ish) development team.
- Some .NET Remoting stuff that would make your head explode.
That will do for now. If you’re out on your bike tonight, do wear white.